Wednesday, June 27, 2012

[XIA- TARANTALLEGRA] review!

FINALLY I am back with another review- AND A GOOD ONE! I wrote this several days back while taking a 4 hour flight, because if you didn't know- I moved! :) Anyways, please enjoy my rambling and maybe you will see Junsu's album in a new way. Oh btw- I refer to 'Xia' as  Junsu since (if you didn't know) that is his real name~ 

And I have to say ONE more thing. I am totally JYJ/TVXQ biased for the record. Junsu is not my ultimate bias, but I still love this guy to death. So my view may be slightly biased due to my extreme fangirl love... But I think this was pretty fair.

ON TO THE REVIEW.

[Track 1: Sunset]
This is the albums intro, it actually has no words, but is just music. I actually really like this intro, it's the same music you hear towards the beginning of the 'Tarantallegra' music video. It's very electronic but at the same time has some sort of like 'sneaking around' sort of quality. Not painful to listen to like certain genre's of music (coughdubstepcough)

[Track: 2: Tarantallegra ft. Flowsik]
I really don't like Junsu's beginning like "Uh this time c'mon c'mon HO!", it's... awkward. I do really like Flowsik's rapping at the beginning he's whole "WHAT MUSIC WILL YOU LISTEN TOO?" jam. Moving onto the chorus, it is very catchy and I like the meaning behind it, as well as the meaning of Tarantallegra. What, you don't know what Tarantallegra means? It's a spell from the book series 'Harry Potter' that causes you to dance uncontrollably. Interesting right? Oh Junsu being all artsy and...Junsu-y. Now I have to talk about my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PART OF THE SONG, around the 2:12 mark IT HAPPENS. The most like magical, soothing, creeping, "this-is-someone-whispering-to-you-in-your-sleep,but it's all okay", sound. You know that's your favorite part in the song too. It's just like angelic but with like this sort of like "whispering-to-you-while-you-sleep" feel. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say, but lets make it simple- THAT PART OF THE SONG IS THE BEST PART OF THE SONG AND YOU CAN'T DENY MY R SQAURED PI TO THAT PART OF THE SONG THANK YOU VERY MUCH. :) Now the rap that follows up this part (the first time it's sang) is equally epic. I usually don't really like rappers that are featured in songs, but Flowsik is an exception "move to the beat show me how much you want me", I think that line somehow explains the whole song. And I love the way he says it. But isn't that kinda the whole 'moral' of the song moving to the beat, and I guess showing how much you want Junsu? DON'T DENY IT. Now after saying all these wonderful things about this song- IT'S TIME TO GET REAL. I. HATE. THE. AUTOTUNE. IN. THIS. SO. MUCH. I WANT TO KNOW WHO DECIDED TO PUT AUTOTUNE ON JUNSU'S ANGEL VOICE SO I CAN KINDLY KICK THEM IN THE FACE. Okay maybe I won't do that, but I'll be judging them, a lot. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!?!? GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON AS TO WHY YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUT AUTOTUNE ON THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICE IN KPOP? It is an insult to Junsu to put autotune on his voice! He doesn't need it, cause last time I checked Junsu was not T-Pain. And after all of this, Tarantallegra is actually one of my least favorite songs on the album o.o"

[Track 3: Set Me Free ft. Bizzy]
Ehhh. This is a rapper I'm not a fan of. Junsu's pronunciation of "Set Me Free" is kinda awkward in my opinion, I'm also not a fan of all the English scattered throughout the duration of the song. Oh and-MORE AUTOTUNE/EFFECTS ON JUNSU'S VOICE!?! REALLY NOW? Totally not approving. I quite rarely listen to this song for a couple reasons (1) Not a fan of Bizzy's rapping- it's plain (2) AUTOTUNE D:< (3) I like slow paced songs (totallynotbiased). So that's all I have to say. It's just- meh.

[Track 4: No Gain]
FJDAKHGFJDFJAJFDLAKFHROAJFDA. Dear Jaejoong, you made up for all the horrible autotune I had to suffer through during the beginning of this album with this song. Well if you didn't know Jaejoong wrote the lyrics to this song, I THINK he composed it- but I'm not sure (will look up before posting this...hopefully). I love the lyrics. So beautiful. ; A ; And Junsu sounds like the Angel Xiah we all know and love~ <3 APPROVING. "BABY YOU KNOW I CAN'T FORGET", Junsu actually pronunces that really well :) Good job Susu~ And at the 2:40 mark this song takes a turn for the...EPIC! See this is why he's a God/Angel. "Baby Girlll~", atleast he isn't saying "gull". :)

[Track 5: 사랑이 싫다구요 (I don't like love)]
Well anyone who watched rooftop prince knows this song was perfect for it! I was just watching Rooftop Prince and then- ANGEL XIAH STARTS SINGING. Don't worry Junsu we'll make you like love >:D I guess... The whole song is really pretty I think, and I love love love the piano and like...I dunno what it is so lets so orchestra. I love hearing classical music thrown in with more modern music (like by classical I just mean like string instruments). Amazing vocals, amazing instrumental, amazing everything! I listen to this song very often, even though I like love :)

[Track 6:돌고 돌아도 (Around and Around)]
The beginning of this song sounds like it should be in a Studio Ghibli movie- seriously. And I L-O-V-E Studio Ghibli films, so this is like HEAVEN. And Junsu sounds just-breath taking. I'll say it again- HE SOUNDS LIKE THE ANGEL HE IS. And oh my god the "Lalalalala~" parts. O.O CJES? WHERE DO YOU GET ALL THESE ANGELS FROM? I usually hate "lalala, nanana, rararara, dodododo" parts in songs (it's just filler cause they don't have any lyrics to put in), but it works here SO beautifully. It's just angelic and pretty sounding~  OPPAR LEMME LOVE YOU. And when Junsu does those high notes towards the end -dies-. Why can't I have all the talent he has...SHARING IS CARING! (btw- the lyrics to this are really sweet .w.)

[Track 7: Intoxication]
"KISS AND TOUCH ME RUB MA BANANA'S" thank you Simon and Martina. When I first heard this song (the original Japanese version) I was all like "Oh this song is chill", and then I saw the translation O.O -scarred for life-. But after getting over all of that, I'm a fan of the song. It's kinda a "OH YOU SO NASTY" (simon voice) kind of song, but ya know what- I CAN DEAL WITH THIS. Maybe I'm just biased because the original Japanese version was released on my birthday. Now to talk about the differences from the Japanese and Korean version. (1) The pronunciation is INSANELY BETTER, Junsu you have done a lovely job at improving. Except 'arpegio"... still not working (2) the instrumental has been softened and it's more sensual and sexy, before it was...not there yet (3) IT'S IN KOREAN! I do prefer it in Korean (4) Seems like there are more backing vocals. Word. This song is kinda a win because after you get used to it and don't feel awkward hearing it anymore you can totally play it for other people and make them uncomfotable. Don't act like you don't enjoy doing that. I know my fishy fish does. Yeah I put a shout out to you in my blog post.

[Track 8: Breath ft. Double K]
Yeahhhh. Not a fan of this rapper either. Or this song in general. It's better then "Set Me Free" by like a lot, but still. "Will I ever see you" is pronunced well, but whatever English comes after that- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING. I'm gonna have to look it up when I have my album handy. this song is jam-able. But not something that I would show someone just getting into Kpop, they'd be disapointed. Okay I'm done wripping this song apart ; A ; sorry Junsu I love you. I just don't think your voice fits this type of Music and I'd rather have heard like a theater like song instead...

[Track 9: 알면서도 (Though I Already Know)] 
Suprisingly, I'm not too crazy about this song. It's good and I love the piano, but this is something I'd rather hear Yoochun sing then Junsu. He'd sound amazing singing this .__. <3 (totallynotYoochunbiased). I'm gonna make my talk about this fast because you're probably really bored if you even bothered to read this far TT^TT. I love the sound of the song, but I just don't think this is a song made for Junsu's voice. Yes he sounds amazing, but I think Yoochun would sound better singing it. This is kinda a sad song, so maybe I just like Yoochun singing sad songs... Like 'Love By Love' from the mirotic album~

[Track 10: Lullaby ft. 개코]
-explodes- MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE ENTIRE ALBUM. I mean HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE IT? It's like... my bed. Literally! Like my bed is a very warm, safe, comfortable place. That's what this song is? It's like that fuzzy blanket you like to sleep with when it's really cold, or those fuzzy hello kitty pajama pants! The song is called 'Lullaby'~ and that's what it is! Kinda- I'd be pretty creeped out if my mom (or my dad) sang this too me before I went to sleep. -shivers at the thought- But if Junsu sang this too me before I went to sleep, I wouldn't be complaining! I'd probably sleep like a baby, well a baby that sleeps well. The rap though... I could really do without it. It's all like "angelic-I'm-on-a-cloud-about-to-go-to-sleep-AHH-WHY-IS-THERE-SOMEONE-RAPPING-NOW". Explained perfectly. Junsu's highnotes at the end -dies-. NE SARANGHEEE~EE~EEE. And just fjdkalfjda more at "SWEET DREAMS~" <3 whatever you say Junsu :D

[Track 11: Fever]
I like this song. It's electronic done in-a-way-that-Katie-actually-likes. But seriously. This song makes me want to dance- a lot. -dances in my head- I really need to see the chreography for this, ASAP. HEY JUNSU WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND TEACH ME IT? That sounds like a fair bargain-I bought your album and reviewed it! And praised you as a God!! C'monnnnn! D:<  I really like the chorus "FEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR", yeah I got a fever. Not really, but yeah. If you haven't heard this song- I DEMAND YOU LISTEN TO IT. Also I don't think there is any autotune! The chorus doesn't have any, which makes me SOO INCREDIBLY HAPPY. -dances- So yeah. Katie likes.

[Track 12: 이슬을 머금은 나무 (Tree Covered In Dew)]
Now I'm tired and my hands hurt from typing .___." BUT I'LL TOUGH IT OUT.. I GUESS. I think this makes a very nice ending to the album, after you danced your little booties off to FEVAAAAR, Junsu calms you down with this peaceful tune. I don't mind the "ah ah ahhhhhh~" parts, they aren't like amazing to me but still I can deal with it. He sounds gorgeous- he is gorgeous- Junsu is amazing. END OF STORY REVIEW OVER! (okay maybe I'll rewrite this when I dont feel like taking a nap on the plane...or not)

Alright so my review is OVAR. Hope you liked it~

1 comment:

  1. awesome review! bby qurrrrrl you took the words right out of my heart ;) ♡ keep up of the good work and FOLLOW ME!!! pwease? :3 ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete