Wednesday, August 1, 2012

[EXO-M MAMA] MV review!

Ayo waddup :D If you didn't know (now you know) I am an EXO fan. Also known as- AN EXOTIC. So I was asking me2day what I should review and a certain fish harassed me about reviewing many different things until I finally agreed upon reviewing 'MAMA'. Cause' I miss my mama? Maybe? And because I've never really told anyone what I think of the MV. If you haven't seen it... Go watch it?


WARNING. I CANNOT PROMISE HOW SERIOUS THIS REVIEW WILL BE. MORE THAN LIKELY I WILL JUST TROLL THIS MV... alot <3

Lets start off with the ridiculous intro to this MV... Let me explain my feels in a simple gif.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Continuing... "CARELESS CARELESS SHOOT ANONYMOUS ANONYMOUS HEARTLESS MINDLESS NO ONE WHO CARE ABOUT ME?"
I can't even. No but seriously, I didn't know Engrish could get this horrible. "IT LOOKS LIKE PURPLE LINE, GOTTA INTRODUCE MYSELF.", it doesn't even compare. Seriously. EXO you've taken the cake on this one. Though honestly it's like my favorite engrish line ever other than "because I naughty naughty, HEY I'M MR. SIMPLE". SM, you've out done yourself, really :) Not to mention the fact that their pronunciation is atrocious. The first time I heard it (it was the Korean version so no subs) I really thought they were speaking Korean. -le sigh- It's okay EXO. The whole monk this is just sketchy as hell.
 I love when you get to see their symbols though. LAY UNICORN REPRESENT. You can't get more legit than a unicorn.


And now the singing starts with our dearest CHENCHEN breaking out with some sexy singing and totally awkward lip syncing, not to mention sitting on a log with a more than likely deadly scorpion behind him, then to be suprised with the sudden arrival of...Kai? Continuing onto some more random scenes of the EXO members in weird rooms. And then dancing in a set that just looks like a slightly changed version of the 'History' dance set. >.> I see what you did there SM. Oh and it's snowing. Shiny coats will keep them warm. 

There are a lot of sets in this MV. And lots of Kai randomly popping in to say "WAI HAARO THERE", which is TOTALLY not sketchy. And can I just appreciate how they let Kris dance in the front (for like 10 seconds) so I can make fun of his inability to dance. LIKE A KRISUS. Seriously just let Lay dance in the front. Thought atleast it wasn't Chanyeol, seriously watch him dance, you will die. Kris is taller but dances better >.> Chanyeol just really sucks I guess- he's my bias but I have to admit he sucks. Yoochun also sucks at dancing WTF. I guess I'm not attracted to those who can dance. 


Can I just say I think the dance to the chorus was cherographed that way purely because so many derp faces occur from it? 

SM YOU TROLLS. But seriously, there are like 398520958402958402985425842 macros of derp faces from this GLORIOUS dance. Though the best part of the chorus is the "MAMA, MAMA" parts, I only realy hear Luhan's voice though >.> Not that I'm complaining. LUHAN YOU DEER YOU. Xiumin looks so awkward in this whole MV, I KNOW WE WERE ALL THINKING IT. Baozi you just aren't that suave here D: And I frickin' love baozi. But he's just like "HI I'M BAOZI AND I DON'T REALY SPEAK CHINESE AND I'M NERVOUS o.o", Tao on the other hand the one who actually IS kinda shy in person is like all "HAY I'M TAO AND I'M A KUNGFU PANDA LOOK AT DEEZ TASSLES ON MA PANTS, SEXY HAAAAAY". And Kris just has major bitchface for the whole MV. I guess it's not really a happy DANCING PARTY TIME song. Meh


But back to Chenchen. His voice is just...unnfffffff. AND THOSE CHEEKBONES. WHOLEY SHISUS. Like seriously, I could cut steak on those. Though I somehow sense that would not be appreciated by our dearest Chenchen
. He was originally my bias just cause' how gorgeous he is and how gorgeous his voice is. My bias changed a lot, but it's currently Luhan, he just beats out Baozi because he's a Cassie. CASSIOPEIA REPRESENT BABY.  Anyways, lololololol at that awkward Kris eyebrow raise. 

DANCE BREAK. I love how they just took the best dancers and left everyone else out (coughkreeseandchanyuuurcough). So the people who are dancing are- Kai, Sehun, Lay, Xiumin, Tao, and D.O(I think? maybe it's Suho IDK). And then Tao is all like "RIPPITO-FLIPPITO-SUPAAR-SLOW-MOTION-KUNGFU-STYLE". Werk it bby. And then it's SCREAMOOOOO TIMEEE. LAWL Xiumin and Kreese. Kris isn't even screaming. He's just like "Hi I'm Kris, I'm so angry..rawr".
 As much as I love Mandarin, this line just SUCKS. It's so much better in Korean. But seriously. Chanyeol can scream. CAUSE IT'S FRICKIN' CHANYEOL SCREAMING NOT KAI JESUS CHRIST. D< WATCH THE LIVE PERFORMANCE. But then ALL is forgiven with Chenchen's sexy "Mama", he like freakin' moans it. SO MANY FEELS. In the Korean version Kai says "Mama" first, and TRIES to be sexy- Sorry but you don't have ANYTHING on Chenchen. 

And then the song is just kinda rapped up all nicely and stuffs. Can I just point out that Luhan is like wearing a dress/shirt thing. Lolololol. Watch the very end. BUT I'M NOT FRICKING DONE YET. I HAVE A LOT TO SAY STILL.

Now as you all should know I am a HUGE. Cassie. DIE HARD Y'ALL. So the first time I heard this I was like "AWWW HELL NAWWWWWWWWWW" because this song SO obviously a rip off of 'TRI-ANGLE', shut up and listen to it. There is a screamo part in it too, and they both have very similar vibes. It's like "What Is Love" and "Before U Go"... I find this REALLY annoying. EXO is full of extremely talented boys who deserve something original that isn't going to piss all of the Cassie's off. We're bloody vicious. I know a LOT of Cassie's aren't even giving EXO a chance because of the fact the two songs sound so similar. It's SUCH a shame because they are really really talented, and they all seem like very nice people. But still, the fact that this song sounds so much like "TRI-ANGLE", is like the majority of the reason I didn't purchase the album. If EXO's new comeback song resembles another TVXQ song, I'm sorry but I won't be purchasing the new album either. PLEASE SM, give EXO some real original stuff. You still have Yunho and Changmin, so stop trying to replace the greatness that is TVXQ. It's impossible. EXO are great artists, but they aren't TVXQ. They never will be. TVXQ as 5 were the kings of kpop. No matter what you try and do you cannot create anything as mindblowing as those 5 GODS. Basically I like the song, like EXO, but hate SM ;)

-Katie <3

PS- I don't own any of the macros/gifs in this post. All rights and love to the original owners. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, review much loved. XDD
    lol. Kai and his fail rapscreamo.
    Katie, do more reviewsssssssssssssssssss. orz
    T-T saranghaeyo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you lol katie i love you so much waifeu.~fishy

    ReplyDelete