Thursday, May 10, 2012

[BIGBANG- ALIVE] review

The long awaited comeback of BIGBANG, so much hype behind it, and for good reason. This album has 7 tracks, including an intro and a solo song by member Daesung. If you haven't heard the album, be sure to check it out soon!
=TRACK LIST=
01. INTRO (ALIVE) 
02. BLUE 
03. 사랑먼지 
04. BAD BOY 
05. 재미없어 
06. FANTASTIC BABY 
07. 날개 (대성 SOLO) 


01. INTRO (ALIVE) -
I think this way to begin to show the album. I am totally a fan of the "I'm still alive" parts, their pronunciation is good, and I immidiately knew what they were saying. Good job BB.


02. BLUE-
The first time I listened to blue I was unimpressed. The only reason I had actually bothered to click on the video was due to the explosion that was happening on me2day because of this MV. I listened to it a few times, and still never really got a feel for it. A couple days later it got stuck in my head, and after that I was hooked. I am a HUGE fan of kinda 'gloomy' songs, and this is PERFECT. "I'm singing my blues~"- that line for some reason though does not settle with me. Yes it makes sense, but something about it puts me off. I also am a fan of the MV, not much happens compared to hmmm.. FANTASTIC BABY, but still the simplicity of the MV makes it nice. Also the symbolism is great! The girl being their past, ahaha YG you're clever!


03. 사랑먼지-
사랑먼지, also known as 'Love Dust' is the third track on the ALIVE album. I adore the beginning of this, it's just like the grooviest thing ever. And the chorus is really cute and catchy too~ -hums it- I really don't have any complaints on this, very nice song :)


04. BAD BOY-
Now thanks to BAD BOY I kinda fell for BIGBANG. I've always liked them, but never been like a VIP. I don't think my knowledge of BIGBANG makes me eligible to say "OH HEY GUISE IM A VIP LETS BE FRIENDS!", because personally if someone did that to my fan group (Cassiopeia) I'd be extremely annoyed, and probably not talk to that person. The old school R&B vibe this song has, it's catchy from the start but still has yet to get 'old'. GD's rap in the beginning is amazing, my favorite part is before he starts rapping and he says "baby come back"<3 I think the way the song and the MV progress is very fluid, it doesn't sound choppy or awkward. The meaning of the lyrics just blows my mind as well, BIGBANG has definitley warned you- THEY ARE BAD BOYS. And you my friend- ARE A GOOD GIRL. So they're telling you to leave them, but at the same time telling you to stay? I do get confused at that, but hey it's all good. "Everyday and night I'm so mean, cause' I'm so real, I'm sorry (but I can't change)" - clearly warning you. Why can't guy in the real world be like this? BIGBANG straight up tells you that they can't change, so get used to it home girl.


05. 재미없어- 
재미없어, also known as "AIN'T NO FUN", is a winner in the cute sounding department. But as I recently found out, the lyrics are not so sweet. It's like a perfect bittersweet combination! If someone broke up with me by singing this song, I think I'd be OK with it. BIGBANG warned you already- THEY ARE BAD BOYS. So what did you except! It's perfect that this song comes right after BAD BOY! I think SeungRi's first line (well the first line in the song) is adooooooooooorable. Seungri has never particularly caught my eye, but I love him in this song! But then halfway through this song BIGBANG has a few second thoughts. "You're pretty until the end", well atleast they're complimenting you. Then TOP clears the air, you guys are actually just friends.


06. FANTASTIC BABY- 
This song is... fantastic(oh I'm funny)? My second favorite next to BAD BOY. It's just pure epic! GD starts us out by telling us to just let go, Taeyang also supports GD's thoughts. And then "nananananana- WOW FANTASTIC BABY",seriously that part is amazing. If you listen to dubstep (personally I'm not a dubstep person, but a lot of my friends listen to it- hence my knowledge) it's like when the bass drops, but like a million times better. One of my favorite touches to the MV is how GD mentions kings and is in a like historic-korean-king-hat-thing (sorry I don't know the technical term!) and is lounging on that chair with no kingdom to rule over. Maybe showing we don't need leaders? Anarchy? Maybe not. TOP- if you can really run agile-ly on sand, THIS CHICK IS IMPRESSED. Have you ever tried to run on sand? Do you have any idea how hard that is >.> if you don't, go to a beach and try it. Not easy stuff. The whole theme of the song is like letting go, not thinking about things too much, and 'swaying with the music' as I would say. Only TOP can make "Boom Shaka Laka" cool, anytime before now when I have heard "boom shaka laka" it's been extremely awkward and so lame. TOP just made something lame totally awesome, I think we should praise TOP for this (coughTOPBIASEDcough). In all it's an epic song that can be taken in a light hearted "let all just play and sway!" kind of way, or in a serious more "artsy-fartsy" kinda of way. UP FOR INTERPRETATION ACCORDING TO ME.


07. 날개 (대성 SOLO)- 
And last, but certainly not least is Daesung's solo 날개 or WINGS. I don't have too much to say regarding this song, I do like it a lot! The best part for me is the "YAYAYAYAYAYAA" parts- reminds me of T-ARA! But the song isn't gibberish... Daesung's voice sounds AH-MAZING here, and he definitely deserved this solo song. A real treat for all of Dae's fans :)


=CONCLUSIVE THOUGHTS=
AIGOOOOOOOOOOOO. This took me about two days to write. I really had to think ><" The reason I have to much more to say about 'BAD BOY', 'FANTASTIC BABY', and 'BLUE', is purely because there was an MV. So I mentioned that in my thoughts on the song. I really do like the other songs but I just did not have such strong feelings and thoughts on those songs. ALSO FOR THE RECORD- I own TAEYANG's version. Even though I'm a TOP fan...Hope this review was OK :) 


Bye! -Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment